As I was writing this post, I learned that three of my favorite writers (based off personality since I’ve only read one book written by one of them) have a new weekly podcast. Honestly, with Robison Wells, Sarah Eden, and Marion Jensen how can you go wrong? Well, you can’t. They’re all awesome. They’re all hilarious. So go check this out! I’m excited to be listening weekly. You should be too.
Now back to your regularly unscheduled programming…
I haven’t done a Top 10 Day in a while. So, I’m going to look at Disney for a moment. It’s a cultural icon. My mom was a big fan of what Disney put out. My wife is a big Disney person (seriously, if you want a challenge on Disney Trivial Pursuit, please come visit so I can get a good laugh.) But instead of a countdown of a top ten, I’m going to define 10 categories and name a favorite to go in that category.
1. Favorite Dwarf: Doc. Easy reasons here: Doc is intelligent, a born leader, and, well….cause everyone else seems to like Dopey and Grumpy. People seem to have issues with Happy. Everyone associates with Sleepy. I hate being Sneezy. Bashful is too….red faced. So yeah, Doc.
2. Favorite Hero: Aladdin. Kind of a difficult connection, but I’ve always envied Aladdin for the magic lamp. I would love three wishes. Just having my number one wish involving being a published author would be nice. (And by published author, I would have a specific way of wording it so I get what I want.) But I like that Aladdin learns, despite his wishes, he’s still who he is. And that’s the person that Jasmine fell in love with.
3. Favorite Comedy Relief: Genie. Honestly, you’ve got to go to Aladdin and the King of Thieves for the best comedy as Robin Williams puts his all into the Genie character. The third movie in the Aladdin trilogy was honestly movie theater worthy.
4. Favorite Sidekick: LeFou. I’ve always thought of myself as the short sidekick. (Unless I was on a crime fighting team with Sarah Eden, then I’d be the tall sidekick.) If I actually were put in a role in a movie, I’d probably be the eager, apprentice-like, moronic sidekick. Yeah, I’m pretty honest about me.
5. Favorite Magical Character: Merriweather. Who wouldn’t want her as a fairy guardian? She’s gonna give you everything you want and do it with her funny little voice. Plus, everything’s blue.
6. Favorite Villain: Malificent: Honestly, she’s got to be one of the most powerful beings in any Disney movie. That’s why she’s the last you battle during Kingdom Hearts.
7. Favorite Hundred Acre Wood Character: Tigger. Growing up, my mom put a personality onto me and my brothers from Winnie-the-Pooh. My oldest brother was Winnie-the-Pooh, my older brother was Eeyore, and I was Tigger. I had a few Tigger items given to me once that ‘connection’ was made. However, Mary is ten times the Tigger fan that I am. Honestly, you should see the Tigger collection. Getting rid of some of it, that’s been difficult.
8. Favorite Traditional Character: Mickey Mouse. Ok, so you’ve got a few options in ‘traditional.’ Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Daisey, Minnie, and Pluto. I’d give you Huey, Dewey, and Louie. But for me, I think I go back to Mickey Mouse. Donald is a close second, but I really think there’s something about the character that is the Disney icon.
9. Favorite Princess: Belle. Yes, I have a favorite princess. FYI, my mom brainwashed me into liking her. I went to Disneyland once with a couple of friends. I was bummed because my ex-girlfriend had just broken up with me. Well, I was determined to have fun. So, when we saw the princesses waving at the little girls at Disneyland and taking pictures, I told my friends “Hey, I’m gonna go propose to Belle.” So I went up to her and asked if I could take a picture of me proposing. She agreed (probably reluctantly). But, I’ve got a nice geeky picture of me proposing to Belle. And you don’t.
10. All-time Favorite Character: Heimlich. “Ooo….Candy Corn, let me help you to finish it.” “Yoo-hoo, Mr. Early Bird, how about a nice tasty vurm on a shtick.” “Finally, I’m a beautiful butterfly!” “But I am flying. And from way up here, you all look like little ants.” Yep, gotta love the fat caterpillar.
So, hope you learned something today. Pick one of the categories and tell me who your favorite is and why.
Alien abductions are involuntary, but probings are scheduled.
Filed under: Top 10 Day |